Sunday, June 13, 2010

Did you talk to your Pan Card today?

So here i was. Travelling to work by one of those Mumbai/Bombay Local Trains. And then i see it. And i notice this Pamphlet on one of the walls. "PAN Cards are compulsory now!" "Get one made today for just Rs299!" "Sitting at Home!". Nothing Unusual. You,ve all seen a bunch of these. But today i saw a line that stuck out. I had probably seen it before but didnt really give a Shit. "We make all TYPES of PAN Cards". Now this got me thinking. What TYPES could there be? What are they not telling us? Are PAN Cards evolving? Do they know you? Are you being watched?

I might have gotten a little ahead of myself here. But anyways, These are the TYPES of Cards that i think could/should exist:-

Pan Cards that fly.

Frying PAN cards.

Pan Cards that do cartwheels.

Pan Cards that ponder the reason for our existence.

Pan Cards that fight crime. Ooh, Oooh, even better they should be like:- SuperCards, BatCards, SpideyCards, IronCards?

Pan Cards that just sit there.

Pan Cards that are there for you when you are lonely.

Pan Cards that wonder if the Recent Gulf Oil Spill will have a permanent effect on the local ecosystem and what could be done to prevent that.

Evil Pan Cards (With an Axe).

Pan Cards that know what you did last summer.

Pan Cards that run in marathons.

Pan Cards that love YOU.

Pan cards that YOU love.

Pan Cards that are insecure about how others view them.

Pan Cards that are like YOU.

Pan Cards that are like ME.

Pan Cards that just want to live their lives simply and spread joy & find happiness. Is that too much to ask for?

I think i learnt something that day. No matter what TYPE of PAN Card you have, Its important for you to accept it as it is with all its flaws and issues. Because if it was any other Type, it wouldnt be YOUR Pan Card, would it?

10 comments:

Alkesh said...

some point to PANder!

Sherry said...

Where is the PANty card?! :(

That was my fav.

*sob*

Now I need the one who is there for me when I am lonly...

Jessie said...

What's a PAN card?

KaNwaR said...

Its an Identity Card sorta thing. Useful for filing Tax Returns and stuff. I think its called Personal Account Number

saloni said...

Pan Cards that know what you did last summer.
i would love to have this! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Are you taking requests? I want a pan card that tells me i'm looking fantastic in my PANts :)

Juhi Bohara said...

i like i like ..............:))

Anonymous said...

i promise to love and cherish my Pan card forever, in fact im gonna clone it now!:)

Nupur said...

i promise to love and cherish my Pan card forever, in fact im gonna clone it now!:)

Amrita said...

Haha..brilliantly written :D A great writer is one who can blog about the most random things! ;)Loved reading this one!